The Small Claims Court hears civil claims for $35,000 or less



We will meet with you to discuss the issue you are having and then prepare, file and serve all necessary documents. We will then attend a settlement conference with you in the hopes of settling your case. If a settlement cannot be reached we will prepare for and attend trial.


If you have you been served with a Small Claims Court action, You would need to file a defense. Being sued in Small Claims Court is no laughing matter. The consequences may result in a judgment against you for up to $35,000.00, plus costs.

In Ontario, you only have 20 days to file a Defence after being served with a claim.

We have experience in defending clients against legal actions, and can also bring thorough counterclaims to combat frivolous and vexatious actions by the Plaintiff. Let us tell your side of the story.

Don’t try to navigate the complexities of the Small Claims Court alone. When you want the peace of mind that comes with a thorough and affordable defence.


Call US right now and explain your matter

Represent individuals and businesses, as either plaintiff or defendant, with small claims court matters such as breach of contract, disputes with contractors, unpaid invoices, personal injury, debt collection and damage to property.

File claims, assemble documents and evidence, prepare clients and witnesses for  appearance in court and represent clients in court.

If your claim is for $35,000 or less we can represent you in Small Claims Court.

We offer a wide range of Small Claims Court services including preparing of Claims, Defenses, Motion materials, as well as in court attendances for settlement conferences and trials. We will work with you to provide a positive and tailored to your needs approach to the Small Claims Court process.

What Kinds of Cases Go to Small Claims Court?

  • Breach of contract: This involves one party failing to fulfill their contractual obligations, leading to a breach of the agreement.
  • Claims regarding the return of a renter’s security deposit or personal property: This involves disputes between landlords and tenants over the return of a security deposit or personal belongings left behind.
  • Collection on debts or loan repayments: This involves efforts to recover money owed by one party to another, either through negotiation, mediation, or legal action.
  • Contractor or Subcontractor completes a job and does not get paid: This is a breach of contract issue where the contractor or subcontractor fulfills their obligations but doesn’t receive payment as agreed upon.
  • Counterclaims to a lawsuit: These are claims filed by a defendant in response to a lawsuit brought against them by the plaintiff, alleging wrongdoing or damages on the part of the plaintiff.
  • Customer does not pay their invoice for items purchased: This is a common issue in business transactions where a customer fails to pay for goods or services rendered.
  • Defects in a home after purchase: These are issues discovered post-purchase, such as structural defects or undisclosed problems, which may lead to a breach of contract claim against the seller or real estate agent.
  • Disputes between neighbours: These can range from noise complaints to property boundary disputes, often requiring mediation or legal intervention to resolve.
  • False arrest claims: These arise when someone is wrongfully arrested or detained by law enforcement, typically leading to a violation of their civil rights.
  • Libel or slander cases: These involve defamation of character through written (libel) or spoken (slander) statements that harm someone’s reputation.
  • Personal injury claims (such as dog bites): This involves seeking compensation for injuries caused by the negligence or intentional actions of another party, such as a dog owner whose pet bites someone.
  • Professional negligence claims (like bad car repairs): This occurs when a professional fails to perform their duties to the expected standard, resulting in harm or damage to the client.
  • Property damage claims: These involve seeking compensation for damage to property caused by another party’s negligence or intentional actions.
  • Purchase of an item from a buy/sell website gone wrong: This relates to disputes arising from online transactions, such as receiving damaged goods, counterfeit items, or not receiving the purchased item at all.
  • You loan a friend money and they do not pay you back: This involves a personal loan agreement where one party fails to repay the borrowed money.